Are you looking for an opportunity with great support and a flexible schedule? Would you like to be a part of the global education platform that positively impacts cross-cultural communication? As an Online English Teacher and Independent Contractor with Qkids, you will be fully immersed in the virtual teaching experience with Chinese students on our live platform. Your teaching schedule is based on your weekly availability and we provide positive assistance, preset curricula, and a personal training team - no lesson planning necessary!
This opportunity is for the educators, the time managers, and the entrepreneurial cake makers. If you are self-motivated and passionate about helping young learners master English, then this job is right for you! Apply today and let's shape the future of e-learning together!
Qkids is an interactive online teaching platform that connects English teachers to young language learners in real time with fun, user-friendly software. Founded in 2015, we are now a national leader in cross-cultural E-learning with over 100,000 Chinese elementary and secondary students. Connected on our patented and effective game-based learning platform, English teachers from the United States and Canada guide students through a curriculum of fun, dynamic, and engaging narrative gaming adventures from the comfort of their own homes.
We are ready to build lasting growth for both learners and teachers, and we pride ourselves on providing the authentic North American classroom experience for our students in China.
- Teach English to young learners between 5-12 years of age through our online platform
- Teachers will be teaching classrooms with up to 4 students
- Our Class Coordination Team will handle scheduling and student assignment
- Each in-lesson time is 30 minutes
- Up to 19 hours available weekly
- Training and support provided
- Curriculum is preset, no lesson planning required
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- Earned a Bachelor's degree or currently enrolled in a university program
- Digital literacy and the ability to lead an engaging learning atmosphere
- The minimum time commitment is 6 hours weekly
- Prior teaching experience or equivalent in education, tutoring, mentoring, homeschooling preferred
- English teaching certificates (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, ESL) preferred
- Technical requirements: a computer with stable internet connection and clear audio/video capacity
Other highly preferred experience:
- Online English Education / Part time Educator / Online English Teaching / Online ESL Instructor
- Home-Based Online English Teacher / Online English Tutor / Work at home English Tutoring
- Online ESL English Teacher Assistant / Online English Elementary Teacher/ Remote Teacher
- Summer Teacher / Casual Teacher / Assistant Teacher / Teaching Assistant/ Student Consultant
- Elementary School Teacher / High School Teacher/ Part time Teacher/ Stay at home Tutor
- Substitute Language Teacher / Teacher Assistant / Lead Teacher/ Work from home Educator
- Contract type: Independent Contractor
- Contract Term: Flexible (PART_TIME, TELECOMMUTE, USA)
- Start date: Immediately
- Job categories: 43-5021.00 Couriers and Messengers
- Location: Remote, online
- Working Hours: 6-19 hours, weekly
- Compensation: $16 - $20 USD an hour, each in-lesson time is 30 minutes
- Experience requirements: 1 year of experience
- Qualifications: American or Canadian native speakers, Experience in education field required
- Responsibilities: Teach English online to foreign students during peak bejing hours – Good Command over spoken English (North American accents preferred)
- Required Skills: English Teaching, patient with young children, good command over north-american phonetics
Available class time slots
The base rate for our teachers is $16 USD per hour, equivalent to 2 lessons. There are attendance and performance bonuses, $1USD each, calculated weekly. With full bonuses the pay is $20 USD per hour.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.